Thursday, February 21, 2008

Yuan Xiao Jie

元宵节 Yuan xiao jie, aka 上元节 shang yuan jie has arrived..
it falls on the 15th of the 1st lunar month. It marks the end of the Spring festival (15 days) and its a day of blessings too. Many Chinese call it the Chinese Valentine's Day.

Well, in short the origin of this festival is the worship of the Heaven Official Deity (上元)天官大帝
, one of the Trio Deities - The Three Divine Official 三官.
thats why we have this term - 天官赐福 Tian Guan Ci Fu (may the heaven official bestow blessings on us).
The other 2 deities are :
(中元)地官赦罪 - Earth Official, pardoning of sins. 7th month festival originated from him
(下元)水官解厄 - Water Official, dispelling of disasters.

Because the ancients seek blessings and celebrate by lighting lamps, lanterns, it had become a custom on this Yuan xiao festival. There will be pasar malam (fairs) and very happening. Just like our Chingay.

Maybe thats why, its a good chance to walk walk and find a partner for thos who are singles! lolz.

To me, its also a day to mark the real 'hell period' for me. Exams, prelims, revisions are pouring in. My engine must be fully started and heated to welcome all these 'stress'.

Coincidentally, this day is my sis bday too. And just now, i just experience the warmth from my family members. Their support and concern touched me. This incident (cant disclosed, sorry) made me realize the importance of family.

Taking this auspicious day(yuan xiao), cherish your family, make them happy.

Anyway.. i also realized something. MANY ppl, including me..hee..although my family and me didnt 'invest' much money. Lydia Sum had passed away, thousands of ppl betted on her death timing and dates. And guess what? NON of the combinations appeared on wed (20/02/2008)'s 4D.

4D, TOTO etc..play play can, dun get too serious or addictive.

No comments: