Monday, July 21, 2008

birthday feast





Haha.. basically, last fri and sat were 'birthday feast' for me.


Fri went to Tao's Restaurant at Paradiz Center. Omg. it was GOOD. Service - 10/10! Food wise...8/10! And its a 7 course dinner with an affordable price per pax. Furthermore, the serving size is NOT small at all.


Me, quite a big eater, enjoyed the serving size and the taste. Neither one was compromised. Good good.























Hmm..im glad that my good friend also enjoyed her meal. Although the environment on the whole is bit noisy. Every customer coming in and leaving, the (all) waiters/waitress will SOL(shout out loud) to greet them..omg.


While we were enjoying our nice tea after the last course(dessert), the manage came by and ask if we enjoyed our meal. We said yes (in fact, throughout the meal, we were asked 2 times by 2 friendly waiters alr).


The manager then proceed to ask if we can do him a favor, and well, naturally we were bit surprised, and he also say he would gave us a 10% discount. Hmm. He actually say that there were someone who also made a reservation at that timing and since we already finished our meal, he wondered if we can leave bit early. As compensation, he is willing to give 10% discount and/or pack some tea back as well. However, we already got a 20% discount voucher, and both discounts can't combined. So we have to choose either one and clearl,y it be the 20% of course. lolz.


The manage put the request in a nice and polite way, although we got to leave early, we were not displeased at all.


Certainly, this is a place where we will visit again.


The birthday feast continues..the next day, sat, me and many of my brothers and sisters went to Manhattan Restaurant at PS. No booking on weekends, so we have to wait outside. Wait and wait until 830pm before we went in to sit down and eat.


Well done, while they were serving our dish, one waitress actually 'decorated' my shirt and pants with some red chilli sauce. I tried my best to control my temper, and went to the washroom to clean up. One of my brother brought me a shirt as present, no choice, i have to change into the new shirt. Pants wise, i just have to bear with the smell and stain...omg.


A friend of mine beside me was also 'decorated' on his shirt. But it was not serious. The waitress, i believe could be a 'new bird' and quite worried, simply say a small sorry and ran off.. Making such grave mistake, the manager did not come to apologize.


I was rather pissed off, not because of the waitress, BUT the way they handle this situation. Therefore, my appetite was spoiled. I finished my food and while footing the bill, i went over to the counter and requested a 20% off on our bill as compensation. They told us the max they can give was 15%. i accepted. And it was good. the 15% was before 7% and 10% gst and svc.


They then wanted to give us one free main course or dessert, i rejected, cos we were actually leaving soon. In the end they gave us a stack of UOB voucher. Hmm...no bad, although i cant use. lolz.


Haiz. the night didnt end well, i lost my car key (and house key)! Luckily i didnt lock my van and managed to retreive my spare key inside my van...but the spare key was somehow bent, so i spent another half hour 'bending' it back... luckily at the end i manage to start the engine with the spare key...


so many 'stunts' this weekend..i really hope this week will be a peaceful one. lolz


i end this blog with a picture of some of my brothers..chilling in Coffee Club near Clark Quay that night..





No comments: